An Officer’s College of the Philippine Constabulary was established on February 17, 1905 within the wall space of Intramuros in Manila. On September 1 This school was later on relocated to Baguio, 1908, at Camp Henry Allen where it could stay for several years to come. Following the Philippine Legislature exceeded Act No. on September 8 3496, 1926, the institution was renamed the Philippine Constabulary courses and Academy were lengthened from nine weeks to three years. As the PC began with American and Filipino officers Just, the educational school acquired American and Filipino officer cadets in its student body.
On December 21 When the National Protection Act was approved, 1935, the Philippine Constabulary Academy was renamed Philippine Military Academy and was permitted to grant its graduates Bachelor of Science degrees after completion of their four-year curriculum. PMA was modeled following the United States Military Academy with officers from the Philippine Scouts and regular USA Army as instructors and associates of the overall staff.
With the outbreak of World War II, training was disrupted at the PMA with Classes 1942 and 1943 being graduated prematurely and assigned to combat units in Bataan and other areas of the country. A number of these youthful officers perished in the pugilative war.
After the pugilative war, the Academy was reopened on, may 5, 1947, at Camp Henry T. Allen in Baguio. But because of its increasing dependence on larger grounds, it had been moved to its present area in Fort General Gregorio H soon. del Pilar, Loakan, some ten kilometers from downtown Baguio. The primary building, Melchor Hall, was completed in 1949 beneath the guidance of military engineer, Lt. Pacifico C. Cabrera, a decorated WWII hero, who as a complete colonel later, became Chief of Engineers of the AFP. Through the 1960s, as a dependence on more well-rounded people was found to become desirable, and socio-humanistic programs were put into the school’s curriculum.
1993 proved a momentous year for the PMA as its initial female cadets were admitted and specialization predicated on branch-of-support was introduced in to the curriculum. The first feminine cadets graduated from the Academy in 1997.
In 1998, a proclamation by the President of the Philippines, while acknowledging the academy’s traditional roots lay with the 1905 founding of the Philippine Constabulary college, october 25 changed the state celebration day of the academy to, on October 25 in honour of the Academia Militar that was established, 1898 in Malolos, Bulacan. Other sources possess since acknowledged this noticeable change. The Academia Militar was opened up through the establishment of the insurgent First Philippine Republic. It had been closed prior to the Philippine-American Battle and have been the first ever all-Filipino military academy.